My budget report does not match my budget in Quicken

Options

When I pull up a report, the value in the Budget column is just slightly less than the actual budget value. I don't understand why or how to fix this. For example I have one budget category at $200 but in the report it comes up as $180.65. This is driving me crazy. Can someone please help?

Suzanne

Comments

• RichardCSchreyer
    RichardCSchreyer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Check to see that in report formatting whether or not cents is turned on, if so turn it off.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you looking at budgeted amounts vs. actual transaction amounts?
    For example, you budgeted $200.00 but this month you only spent $180.65

If you would, please show us screen image snapshots of the problem so we can see what you're looking at.

• suzanneagan
    Options

Turning off the cents didn't work. Here is what I am talking about. On my budget report the fuel is $187 but on the budget below it's $200. Insurance is $650 but on the budget report it's $608. I have no idea why it's doing this

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are the report and the budget view both looking at the same Budget Table by Name and the same budget year?

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Some date selections will allocate the budget to match. So for example if you are half way through the period, the budget gets adjusted to one half.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Change the date range to monthly, not month to date, and then select current month

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• suzanneagan
    Options

Changing it to monthly fixed it. I have always used Quicken on Mac and just switched to Windows so that was new to me. I really miss the Mac version as it is so much better! Thank you so much.

This discussion has been closed.