Can I disconnect my Quicken Online account from my desktop app?

Options

I was using Mobile and Web to sync my accounts so I could use it on mobile. This is not working well for me, so I'd like to discontinue completely and remove my data from Quicken's site. I don't mean I want to turn off syncing. I want to completely eliminate the online functions.

Any help appreciated.

Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Like it or not, many online functions are happening in the background regardless of whether Sync is on or off. Sync is more of a visible or invisible selection. You can deselect all of your accounts from mobile sync and that will remove the accounts data from being visible on the web. Then you can choose to turn Sync On or Off, but when no accounts are selected to sync, I have found the other features like budgets are also not visible. They behave in a Sync Off manner, but you will still see activity for them in the logs.

• beeattitude
    beeattitude Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey, Markus1957 — Thanks for the reply. Weird, but not surprising. I can't even print to my home printer without being logged in to HP's website. It's so creepy that all these companies snatch our data. Unfortunately, that horse is out of the barn. Wild Mustangs roaming around the whole planet with our most important confidential information. Yikes.

This discussion has been closed.