Fidelity Accounts Not Downloading

Options

This discussion was created from comments split from:

New Fidelity Download Method No Longer Supports Detailed Transactions - Unacceptable!

Comments

• CaliforniaDon
    Options

I'm a windows subscription user, but noticed that all of the accounts in my Fidelity account (core account, IRA, Roth IRA) seemed to have stopped downloading transactions since about November 2, 2023. However, my updates still appear to say they are successful (they just don't show data). I've read through this thread, but am thoroughly confused. Is this a Fidelity problem? My account is setup as direct connect.

My Fidelity visa card does seem to work, however I believe that is setup through Elan Financial services (that use Chase bank).

Oddly, my wife's Fidelity account still seems to sync with details.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What Q BUILD are you running? What's your "Membership Valid thru …" date? This info is at HELP, About Quicken.

What's your connection method for each Fidelity account? This info is in the "Transaction Download" column at TOOLS, Account List.

In each Fidelity account, immediately under the Account name … what shows as "Last Download"?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• KenA
    KenA Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same transaction download issues with Fidelity Investments since late in December 23. I am using Quicken Classic Premier on Windows 11 (have been using Quicken since 1998). I am using R53.32 - Build 27.1.53.32 and my subscription is valid until 11/27/2024.

I have 8 different Fidelity accounts (with a single login) and they are all set up as 'Direct Connect'.

Are there any updates from Quicken and/or Fidelity about a near term resolution?

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @KenA,

When you try to download transactions, are you getting any error codes or any similar messaging? When you open up one of these accounts and you click on the "Edit Account Details" ("Ctrl+Shift+E") what are you seeing for "Financial Institution"? And is the "Connection Method" set to "Direct Connect" for every one of the 8 accounts?

Also have you tried Resetting the one or more of these accounts(s)?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• KenA
    KenA Member ✭✭
    Options

Frankx,

I am not getting any error codes when I use the OSU. Everything appears to complete as usual but no transactions are being downloaded from Fidelity Investments.

Yes, all the accounts point to Fidelity Investments as the institution. Also, all of the accounts show that they are using Direct Connect.

Yes, I have tried resetting the accounts and in doing so, it shows my list of accounts and gives me the option to Link to the appropriate account in my Quicken file.

• craig wilbanks
    craig wilbanks Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue, starting 1/3/24. As with Ken, all accts point to Fidelity and all show Direct Connect. I have disabled Mobile and Web, with no effect.

• KenA
    KenA Member ✭✭
    Options

Update…

After trying all kinds of things people have suggested, I tried the following even though I had seen no mention of it as a possible solution.

1. Performed a full backup: FILE → COPY or BACKUP —> Create a Complete Backup…
    2. Used the data validation & repair function: FILE —> VALIDATE & REPAIR —> Validate File

After that completed, I checked and there was no mention of anything in the log regarding any of my Fidelity Accounts. But I then tried a full One Step Update and if downloaded all of the transactions that were missing since late December when the problem started.

I hope this helps someone else. BUT, makes sure you don't skip the full backup before the validate & repair. You never know what might happen and you don't want to be left with a totally unusable file.

Ken

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @KenA,

I am not surprised about your experience with Fidelity downloads, especially the sudden "re-connection" of downloading. I had a similar failure to download issue recently, and I too am not sure what may have fixed it about a week ago. I have an untested theory but it is just that.

Glad to hear that you are back in business!

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @craig wilbanks

Please take a look at my first post in this thread (above) and please provide answers to the questions I posed to KenA. That will help me to understand the problem you are seeing.

In addition, could you please take the following steps:

1. For each of the Fidelity accounts that are not downloading:
      1. Open the account in Quicken;
      2. Click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right;
      3. Click on "Edit account details";
      4. Click on the "Online Services" tab;
      5. Confirm that you are seeing "Connection Method: Direct Connect";
      6. Then tell me what you see in the pop-up window when you click on the little "question mark" icon next to the "Reset Account" button.

Thanks,

Frankx

• Dan15470
    Dan15470 Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. Transaction not downloading since Mid November??

• Mister Tex
    Mister Tex Member
    Options

KenA, I did as you suggested and it worked for me!! You are the man!!

• KenA
    KenA Member ✭✭
    Options

Tex,

Glad it worked for you too. I did not know if that really resolved it or if it was purely coincidental.

Ken

• GHoulton
    GHoulton Member
    Options

This fixed both my Fidelity 529s and HSA accounts as well as a Edward Jones Brokerage that haven't been able to download transactions since March 2023. Every other troubleshooting option I tried in the last year didn't work. This did. Still have a Fidelity Brokerage that won't download, but that's the only one now. Thanks for this tip

This discussion has been closed.