Bill payer vs reminders

Options

I recently returned to Quicken after several years away. I tried using the bill payer to track my recurring bills, but have run into a bunch of problems. Many of the billers have just sat there for weeks and the Fix It button can't fix it. Most of the others never show as paid, even though there are matching transactions downloaded into the registers. My primary goal with this is to be able to predict cashflow. I don't need Quicken to pay the bills because they are all on autopay already. Is bill payer the best way to do this or is there a better way? Do I just need to go in periodically and mark that a bill has been paid when I know it already appears in the register?

David

Quicken Classic - Business & Personal - Version R53.32 - Build 27.1.53.32 - Windows 11 Enterprise

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As you have experienced, Bill Manager, the feature that is supposed to retrieve due date and payment amounts from your billers’ websites does not work very reliably. I recommend you abandon Bill Manager and instead use Reminders.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mathminded
    mathminded Member ✭✭
    Options

@mshiggins Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.