Investment accounts had "transfer account" added to all transactions

Options

At some point between 12/1/2023 and 12/18/2023 several of my brokerage/investment accounts had all previous transactions changed to include a "Transfer account". All the accounts with this problem were TD Ameritrade and had migrated from TD Waterhouse, and the add transfer account was the old TD Waterhouse account. And those TD Waterhouse accounts were all marked as hidden account. Some were also marked as separate and/or hide transactions. And just to be clear, the transfer account was added for all transactions, not just new downloaded ones.

This cause the active TD Ameritrade account to not show cash balance or total market value. and show things like downloaded CD interest payments as negative values.

Other weird things are:

• The Investing Portfolio display appears to show the correct cash amount, or at least it wasn't zero.
  • Old transactions that had the transfer account added did not appear in the old (TD Waterhouse) account, however any newly downloaded transactions were added.

I was able to correct the problem by restoring an automated backup from 12/1/2023. I did try a later backup from 12/18/2023, but it has the same problem, so I think the issue occurred between 12/1 and 12/18.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know what caused it?

This discussion has been closed.