All my spend on Quicken is coming as uncategorized. (Q Mac)

Options

All my spend on the added credit cards is coming as uncategorized. Quicken is not automatically grouping the spend into various categories. I have a Mac quicken subscription.

Answers

• CAwoman
    CAwoman Member
    Options

I noticed tonight that when I looked at Quicken.com online, EVERYTHING is uncategorized tonight, including all income sources. I hope this will somehow get fixed soon.

I had been downloading a lot of information yesterday and earlier today without having categorization problems, so that wasn't happening until a short while ago.

• Mast
    Mast Member
    Options

Yesterday I discovered over 200 personal bank and credit card account entries (each of them previously verified and then reconciled by myself) mysteriously now appearing as "uncategorized". The vast majority appearing between 2018 - 2022. Old printed reports show these same transactions as categorized. These are frustrating & unwanted changes. Can I remedy this? Is there a way to prevent this from happening again?

• JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have a backup file you could open to see if it is some corruption in your current file (which would be if backup is OK) or if it is a bug in the latest Quicken Mac update (if the backup opens with the same issue).

I had a similar issue 2 years ago and had to restore from a backup and move back to an older Quicken version for a while to avoid it happening again. (All seems good for me now.)

-Jay
This discussion has been closed.