Transfer Quicken 2007 files to Quicken 2017 on Mac

Options
hippep
hippep Unconfirmed, Member

All the following was done with a Quicken 2007 file from a 2010 iMac to transfer it to Quicken 2017 on a 2023 iMac.

I tried multiple times to use the transfer option on Quicken 2017 to open the saved files from 2007. I tried the compression idea and all the other options and had no luck. I concur with the hesitance to sign up for Quicken 2023 because I don't want to deal with the Cloud and also don't want to be in the situation of paying for the program each year, or having the multiple Quicken banners if I don't renew.

In the end, after trying all the options, I decided to go with Quicken 2023. I called Quicken and got a very nice advisor and after she tried all the things that had also failed for me, she said she'd try to migrate the 2007 files to 2023. She assured me that Quicken does not keep my files on their Cloud, but that they just use the Cloud to convert and transfer the files back to my computer. I decided to do it and the transfer went well. All my 2007 files appeared in the 2023 program.

After the call, I tried an export of my 2023 files via the "qxf" option. Then I opened 2017, and using the "New File" import option for "Start from a Windows file", I did an import of the qxf file that was created by 2023, and it worked.

So now I have Quicken 2017 properly populated with my 2007 files, and can cancel my 2023 subscription, and proceed now with my 2017 program.

This discussion has been closed.