when will Discover card transactions start to update again?

Options
jjjj
jjjj Member ✭✭

I have read all of the other posts and have Discover bank accounts and a discover card. everything was good until 12/12/23 all using Discover bank as the connection. When trying to link to discover card nothing is found.

Tagged:

Answers

• jjjj
    jjjj Member ✭✭
    Options

screenshot when trying to link to Discover credit card or Account Center

• jnross
    jnross Member ✭✭
    Options

I am experiencing this issue too, but my Discover Bank account downloads properly, while the Discover Card account does not. Both are connected via Discover Bank. I cannot connect via the Discover Card connection anymore (since Direct Connect was disabled). No transactions for my Discover Card have downloaded since 12/4/2023.

Please advise.

• jnross
    jnross Member ✭✭
    Options

To clarify, there is no error. Only that there are no transactions to downloaded.

• vicdbrwski
    vicdbrwski Member ✭✭
    Options

Waiting on the same. See my recent post in 'Discover Card not downloading'. Discover has confirmed to me that they are not connecting to Quicken, Intuit (and some other place I've never heard of…).

Loved to see this fixed soon, so I can assign all those nasty Christmas transactions!

• DOS
    DOS Member ✭✭
    Options

For me it is only affecting my Discover it credit card transaction activity. My Discover Bank activity downloading is not affected. Discover Online Banking Support told me it is a known issue between Quicken and Discover Bank (discover.com). I was told they are working with Quicken to resolve the issue.

After updating my accounts in Quicken it does show an accurate "Online Balance" for the Discover credit card with no errors. As a work around for now If the "Online Balance" and "Ending Balance" do not match I go to discover.com and download the transaction activity to a .csv file. I can then copy the transactions into Quicken to match the "Online Balance" shown in Quicken. It is a bit cumbersome but it works. Takes me back to the days when not all accounts had One Step Update available.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

• thegahms99
    thegahms99 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here.. I have tried to link and unlink and alllll other Discover possible links.. the bank accounts work fine but not the credit card, since early November, no transactions coming over.. but it knows the online balance.. very frustrating

• thegahms99
    thegahms99 Member ✭✭
    Options

This is exactly the same for me… thanks for the info that they are trying to resolve, although annoying. It has led to me NOT using my discover card as often, I'm using a card that is working properly with Quicken.. so this is hurting Discover at least some if others are same.

• cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was able to download transactions on my Discover credit card about 1 hour ago. It is using Express Web Connect.

• jnross
    jnross Member ✭✭
    Options

For those wondering, discover seems to be downloading transactions for generated statements and not recent activity.

cc: @cyberphile

• jtcrawf55
    jtcrawf55 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ditto on this. I have a MM account and Credit Card with Discover. Using Discover Bank login for both worked, up until on or around 12/27/23. My MM account downloads OK but not the Credit Card anymore.

• DOS
    DOS Member ✭✭
    Options

Discover it card transactions successfully downloaded into Quicken today. Interestingly the Discover it card billing period ended yesterday. Not sure that had anything to do with it but you never know. Just happy it appears to be working again, at least for now. Time will tell.

• tnsprin
    tnsprin Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It was working for me until the weekend of the 1/4/24 when it started to fail. I finally resorted to reset and after some difficulty it now sees and setup ONE Discover card by not my Discover IT card. Unfortunately the Discover IT card is the one I most use, the other being a leftover from when it was used as a COSTCO branded card many years ago.

• snaph33
    snaph33 Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. Bank connects fine. Credit card account does not. When I try to setup the CC account, it walks me through the whole process including 2FA and then I get a 502 error. Any ideas?

• tnsprin
    tnsprin Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have seemed to have gotten it working again by deactivating both account details Online Tab. THen making sure that the info is cleared in each of what Financial institute they are connected to. And then going to the setup online (only need to select one of the accounts as setup finds both) and making sure the Discover Card Account Center is selected for the list of institutions. There appear to be three options it can select and I first tried the default, which for me showed "Discover Card" , and Discover Bank. Both of those either didn't find both my accounts, or found them but didn't download recent activity.

• PeterHoltan
    PeterHoltan Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issue. I have a Discover savings account and two Discover credit cards. For both credit card accounts, Quicken hasn't download any transactions occurring after December 15th. I can't confirm that my savings account is working 100% because the only activity in that account is month end interest. But Quicken did successfully download my December 31 interest.

I also tried creating a new Quicken file and creating new accounts, choosing Discover Bank from the list. All three of my accounts were found, three new accounts were created, and transactions were downloaded. But still, there were no transactions after December 15th.

I've been searching the community forums for a solution or at least a status update, but the mods don't seem to realize that this is NOT an isolated issue. They keep sending us around chasing our tails, trying to troubleshoot the issue on the user end.

This is NOT an isolated issue and this is NOT a user issue. The problem is either with Quicken or with Discover Card or with the relationship between Quicken and Discover Card. Someone needs to get a grip and identify and fix the problem.

Meanwhile, there needs to be some communication, so the mods can properly update the users.

• Jon B.
    Jon B. Member
    Options

I have not had the ability to update (except manually) since Dec 12 2023 as well. 😡 This is a card I use for business purposes. I am needing to find another company. Discover Financial better fix this pronto or lose many customers who track via Quicken.

• jnross
    jnross Member ✭✭
    Options

Today, I was able to download my recent transactions by changing the institution from Discover Bank to Discover Card. I had tried this multiple times over the last two months and received auth errors when attempting to use Discover Card. This changed today (or possibly last week), with proceeding to the 2-factor auth portion of auth.

This has been frustrating and the lack of acknowledgement and communication has exacerbated my frustration.

At least it's resolved for me for now. I hope this works for others.

• vicdbrwski
    vicdbrwski Member ✭✭
    Options

This worked for me as well. I was able to change to 'Discover Card' with no CC-501 this time.

I am also very frustrated that the moderators avoided this whole issue.

This discussion has been closed.