How do I create a report that selects a specified memo/notes field?

Options
FC Wolf
FC Wolf Member
edited February 3 in Reports (Mac)

I am using Quicken Classic Premier for Mac, Version 7.4.2 (Build 704.51578.100). I occasionally place a term in the Memo/Notes field of my transactions. How can I create a report that selects all transactions with a specified Memo/Note?

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately, you can't filter any actual reports by the Memo field.

However, you can create a report of sorts from the register. Click the magnifying glass at the top right of a register or group register (including All Transactions) and select Memo/Notes to limit the search to this field. Then type your search term in the box. Add or remove columns, adjust their order and sort as desired. Then click menu File > Print. After making your selections about format and transactions to include, click the PDF popup when the print dialog comes up and save as a PDF file or open in Preview.

Alternatively, you can use menu File > Export > Register Transitions to CSV to create a file that you can open in Excel or Numbers and potentially do additional formatting to suit your needs.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately, you can't filter any actual reports by the Memo field.

However, you can create a report of sorts from the register. Click the magnifying glass at the top right of a register or group register (including All Transactions) and select Memo/Notes to limit the search to this field. Then type your search term in the box. Add or remove columns, adjust their order and sort as desired. Then click menu File > Print. After making your selections about format and transactions to include, click the PDF popup when the print dialog comes up and save as a PDF file or open in Preview.

Alternatively, you can use menu File > Export > Register Transitions to CSV to create a file that you can open in Excel or Numbers and potentially do additional formatting to suit your needs.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • FC Wolf
    FC Wolf Member
    Options

Perfect, thank you.

This discussion has been closed.