Unable to add Charles Schwab to my accounts

Options
samdradee
samdradee Member

Hello - I just started using Quicken though I am very familiar with Quickbooks Online and Mint. When I try to add Charles Schwab it goes through the verification succesfully, asks to add the accounts, but they never show up in the accounts list. It is Windows Quicken, I use Chrome, I get an email from Schwab showing it has successfully connected, I get no error codes, when I go to Security Settings on Schwab it shows that third party access is given to Quicken. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Midwest_Engineer
    Midwest_Engineer Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have the same (or very similar) problem. Although I use Edge (not Chrome) and have been a long-time user of Quicken Classic (not new), the common experience is that Schwab brokerage transactions no longer download (since October). Schwab bank and (oddly) IRA download correctly. But although Schwab shows that is has successfully connected, nonetheless the existing Quicken account show up as "Don't add to Quicken" rather than "Link to Existing".

Answers

• Midwest_Engineer
    Midwest_Engineer Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have the same (or very similar) problem. Although I use Edge (not Chrome) and have been a long-time user of Quicken Classic (not new), the common experience is that Schwab brokerage transactions no longer download (since October). Schwab bank and (oddly) IRA download correctly. But although Schwab shows that is has successfully connected, nonetheless the existing Quicken account show up as "Don't add to Quicken" rather than "Link to Existing".

• samdradee
    samdradee Member
    Options

Thank you - it looked like it would work like Mint, but I had my suspicions about investments in Quicken since they kept saying "download your spending…" Thanks so much for saving me from running in circles. I'll probably use Quicken, it was just convenient to have everything in one place.

This discussion has been closed.