Is it possible to hide reconciled transactions within a register for an account?

Options
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton Member ✭✭

I'd like to hide reconciled transactions in order to create a more compact register that doesn't potentially contain thousands of transactions. I prefer to just scroll through only what hasn't been reconciled yet. Is this possible? I see that you can hide reviewed transactions but that isn't the same thing. I'm coming over from SEE Finance and testing Quicken, and this is one thing I liked about SEE Finance that you had more options for controlling what you could view in your register.

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately, displaying only unreconciled transactions in the register is not currently possible in Quicken Mac. The best you could do would be to filter on date & only show transactions since the last time you reconciled. Or you can do what @volvogirl suggested but if your register is sorted by date you kind of have that already.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have Windows Quicken so I don't know Mac but you can probably sort the register by the status column. Oh you can try the filter settings at the top. That might have something.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately, displaying only unreconciled transactions in the register is not currently possible in Quicken Mac. The best you could do would be to filter on date & only show transactions since the last time you reconciled. Or you can do what @volvogirl suggested but if your register is sorted by date you kind of have that already.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Arch Stanton
    Arch Stanton Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the quick reply but unfortunately sorting the column won’t address the issue.  I’d like the reconciled transactions to remain hidden unless I need to search through old transactions for some reason.  The current filtering options for Mac don’t seem to allow for this.

• Arch Stanton
    Arch Stanton Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, that's what I suspected. Sometimes a few stray transactions prior to the reconciled date are still unreconciled, but I get your meaning.

This discussion has been closed.