Setup New UBS Investment Account ( Quicken bug)

Options
DodoDC
DodoDC Member
edited February 3 in Using Quicken on the Web

TLDR: Quicken does not automatically categorize newly added USB broker accounts as investment accounts which causes online transaction download services to fail. Note I'm using the latest Quicken Premier subscription product version R53.32.

Adding a new account in Quicken for Windows is usually easy. However, when I added a new UBS investment account through online services the following treatment occurred. Quicken's online connection, refused to set up UBS as a record type of investment and instead kept opening it as a checking account type.

Since account types cannot be changed by a user I was dead in the water and frustrated for over a week. Quicken and UBS support desk just kept blaming each other without actually checking anything at all.

I finally tried a workaround and opened a new manual investment account in Quicken without connecting to online services. Once the manual investment account was open in Quicken I went back and only then turned on online services. Just like magic, online service transactions started downloading as expected.

Tagged:
This discussion has been closed.