Where to find year end copy in quicken classic basic

Options
68caprice
68caprice Member ✭✭

Have used Quicken for at least the last 10 years and have always done a yearend copy and then created a new file for the new year with a balance forward from last year's file and only showing transaction for the new year. I cannot find that option in basic

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3 Answer ✓
    Options

@68caprice - When you select the Create a year-end archive option and click on Next you should be getting another popup that looks like the following picture. In this popup is where you select the end date for the year-end archive and select whether or not you want your main data file to remain unchanged or to start with a new date (such as Jan 1 2024). You are not seeing this or are not being given these options?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If by "basic" you are referring to Quicken Deluxe, this is where you will find year-end copy

Choose File menu → Copy or Backup File. On the Backup or Copy File screen, under Advanced Options, select Create a year-end archive. Select Next. The Year-end-copy screen will appear.

I believe at one time it was File Menu - Year-end Copy, but the location was changed in one of the Quicken updates

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FYI There is still a Quicken Classic Starter. Don't know what versions they have now for Canada.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• 68caprice
    68caprice Member ✭✭
    Options

This is all I get.

• 68caprice
    68caprice Member ✭✭
    Options

I have created a yearend archive and then I used to be able to have a file with only the transactions from Jan 1 but I do not see where that option is available any more.

Yes,my version is called starter

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3 Answer ✓
    Options

@68caprice - When you select the Create a year-end archive option and click on Next you should be getting another popup that looks like the following picture. In this popup is where you select the end date for the year-end archive and select whether or not you want your main data file to remain unchanged or to start with a new date (such as Jan 1 2024). You are not seeing this or are not being given these options?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• 68caprice
    68caprice Member ✭✭
    Options

I did all that but for some reason my file showed all the old transactions so I posted my question,shut quicken down for an hour,reopenned it and now it shows only 2024 transactions. I'm guessing there must be a lagtime between my creating it and when it appears.

Thank you to everyone who responded. All seems to be working now

This discussion has been closed.