Please fix "Characters after { will not be printed"

Options
Tominator
Tominator Member ✭✭

The bug / warning has become worse with the latest iterations of Quicken desktop. Now the notice is popping up when I edit a split transaction. In the process of completing ONE check, the notice popped up 6 times. Twice while editing split, twice while first entering transaction and twice when saving.

Please Quicken, either give as an option to suppress this warning or nuke it entirely. It's really not necessary. I use the brackets on a fair number of memorized payees to organize the payment type (for example, GAS / ELECTRIC for utility).

Tagged:

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The bracket {} have a special purpose and meaning to Quicken. Directly they tell Quicken not to print that information on a printed check. For some users, it is necessary. I suggest you switch to a different delimiter to avoid the problem with your processes. [ ], ( ), / /, / \, | |, - -, = =.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4
    Options

The function of the braces is known. The issue is that the warning is displayed too often. I always see it twice in a row when I use braces following a print-check payee.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.