Installation & Preferences / Setup a mystery to Support?

Options
James Vandeveer
James Vandeveer Member ✭✭

Have others experienced the weakness of the Quicken Support staff in understanding the basic configuration options in Quicken?

I have locally-installed Quicken (Windows), and to try to resolve a long-standing problem with ongoing corruption of REPORTS in Quicken, I was counseled to re-install the product. This I did, (and it did not correct the problem of Quicken continually corrupting my saved reports.)

That said, once re-installed, I discovered that I could no longer navigate to the "other end" of transfer transactions by using CTRL-X — which I do very often. SO — I called Support, to ask what to do to re-configure this behavior.

I was told (after >10 minutes of back-and-forth with the agent) that "there is no way to re-configure this behavior". I then asked "since I have re-installed version R53.32 / 27.1.53.32, and I used to have THE SAME VERSION (R53.32 / 27.1.53.32), why would this navigation behavior change?" The answer was "I don't know."

After terminating the Support call, I took 15 minutes to spin through all the Preferences settings, and found "Preferences/Setup/Keyboard mappings" — notably, the first selection "Use Ctrl-Z/X/C/V for:" was defaulted to "Windows Standard" — changing this setting to "Quicken Standard" resolved my navigation issue.

If I can find this setting in 15 minutes of casual looking, I'm surprised that Quicken Support told me there was NO SUCH SETTING.

Is this kind of lack-of-basic-knowledge TYPICAL in dealing with Quicken Support?

This discussion has been closed.