2016 Deluxe will not start

Options
skynest
skynest Member

Have been using Quicken a long time. Incredible amount of data. January 2, 2024 seems to have been an update according to my quicken.ini file. Now there is only a flash of a screen and it closes on start up. Been through many many discussions about this online. Even reinstalled on another Windows 11 ( I have Windows 10) and did get the program to start, but with a blank screen. Would only load a backup for about a second. I have tried the older quicken.ini insert trick, no chance! I've tried a lot of things. Is this the end for 2016 or am I missing something? It would be nice to know (and I think everyone who owns an older version deserves to know) so I don't keep on wasting my time trying to get this back. I don't need the online storage or updates. Not important and why would I if it is only data. I manually enter. I'll just start at this point in time with Quicken 2013. Will lose all my purchase, sales, dividend legacy info, but that is how it goes. So finally will someone tell me that Quicken trashed the previous versions by not letting them open for the peons like me. That is all I want to know or a solution or anything from Quicken. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.