Migration from Mint to Quicken Canada

Options
Kate.gavrilina
Kate.gavrilina Member
edited February 6 in All Things Canadian (Mac)

I am trying to migrate my data from Mint and have the following issues:

1. I have 4 years of data in Mint
  2. if I create a manual account and import my transactions from Mint, I am not able to find a way to sync this account with the financial institution for automatic updates moving forward
  3. if I sync my transactions from the financial institution directly, only 2 months of data is loaded, and then I do not see any option to load my 4 years of date from Mint

Question: how do I import all my transactions from Mint while keeping the account synced with the financial institution? I don't want to have 2 accounts - one for legacy data and one for ongoing transactions. Please advise.

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

That looks like the account settings for a Cash account, which won't have a Downloads tab. Try changing the account type to some kind of bank account (Checking, Savings, Credit Card, etc). You can do that on the Details tab.

Answers

• Jon
    Options

To connect your Quicken accounts to your financial institution after it's been imported from Mint, right-click on the account in the sidebar and select Account Settings. Select the Downloads tab and click on the Connect Account button, then start typing the name of your institution in the window to get a list of matching names; select your institution from the list. Enter your login credentials, then link each bank account to the correct Quicken account (make sure the drop down next to each account says "Link to", otherwise it will create new Quicken accounts & you don't want that).

• Kate.gavrilina
    Options

I do not have the "downloads" tab in the account settings. Above is the screenshot. Is there any config/setup missing to enable the linkage?

• Jon
    Answer ✓
    Options

That looks like the account settings for a Cash account, which won't have a Downloads tab. Try changing the account type to some kind of bank account (Checking, Savings, Credit Card, etc). You can do that on the Details tab.

• Kate.gavrilina
    Options

Thanks it worked!

This discussion has been closed.