Transactions Missing from Reports

Options
CUITCNY
CUITCNY Member ✭✭✭

I use Quicken Classic for MAC and in particular I am creating annual reports for each PAYEE. I only set two parameters: "Last Year" and a specific "PAYEE" name. The registers for the relevant account shows 12 transactions in 2023 (one each month) for a PAYEE (e.g.; T-Mobile). However, when I create the report, only four of the twelve transactions appears. I change the PAYEE name (slightly, using edit of all 12 highlighted transactions in the register(s)) to see if there is a spelling error. Again, only 4 of 12 appears in the report. The only way I can get the missing transactions (missing in the report but not in the account register), is to delete the missing 8 transactions from the account register and re-enter them, all 8. Then the report shows all 12 transactions. This is a flaw. At least I can notice that transactions are missing for those simple reports (only one PAYEE, known to have monthly transactions). But for more complicated reports, it is not clear when something does not show up in the report even when it is properly in the register. Please advise.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 6
    Options

What version of QMac are you using? Which specific report are you starting with before customizing it?

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • CUITCNY
    CUITCNY Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Version 7.4.2 (Build 704.51578.100)

Start with "Transaction by PAYEE Report"

The missing transactions also do not appear in other reports (e.g.; transaction by accounts). I surmise that the PAYEE name, while appearing "correctly" in the register, is actually different that what appears as possible PAYEE names when creating the report. In the other hand, I have not been able to find the missing transactions in other reports not singled out by PAYEE name. Something unclear to me is the cause: not sure.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

This does seem very strange. Have you looked at the Payees window to check for similar payee names and that the list of payee names in the Payees window matches the list in the report customization Payees tab in the area of the problem payee?

One remote possibility: the missing transactions (only those) are transfers and you have Exclude All Transfers set in the Advanced tab of report customization.

Can you post some screenshots of the report, its customization and a filtered register?

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • CUITCNY
    CUITCNY Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi, thank you for your communication. The missing transactions were not transfers. The list of PAYEES had/showed two similar but distinct names but then I changed the PAYEES (merged) and still the missing transactions did not show up. They also did not show up when I ran a Category report—only the missing transactions did not show up. [The other four did show up, as in the pAYEE report.]. It is too late to get a screen shot since I deleted the missing transactions, re-entered them, and now the report shows all transactions. Thank you for your comments. Over the past year, I have seen transactions that are transfers but show up only in one of the two possible registers. Same approach: delete the transaction, re-enter them, then the transaction shows up in both registers.

This discussion has been closed.