How do I create an account for Cash Flow?

Options
Utica Linda
Utica Linda Member

I am having issues with setting up a new file for 2024
When creating an invoice for a customer, in the Receive Payment section, the Deposit To section is blank. I cannot not set up an account for cash flow like I could in the past. I have set up an account for income and another for expenses. How do I get the payment for an invoice into the income account register section?
Better yet, how do I create a cash flow account like in the past that shows my income and expenses in one register, sorted by starting date? It used to happen that way in past years, when I set up an account titled Banking and then labeled that account as Cash Flow. This year when I select Banking for an account, it wants me to choose my bank, that is not what I am looking for. All I have been able to do is add an account for receivables and one for payables. However, the payment section will not accept the receivables where it asks where I want it to be posted to.

I am on OS Windows 10, using whatever release Quicken installs when I start Quicken up.

Please help - I need to get things figured out for orders that are coming in.

Linda Laubenthal

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

At the bottom of the Add Account dialog there are several tabs.
    To create Offline Accounts, not connected to any bank for downloading, select the Offline Account tab and take it from there.

It is not really necessary to create a brand new, blank Quicken data file for a new calendar or business year. In Quicken you can continue to use the "old" file with the accounts and transactions from last year.

This discussion has been closed.