Quicken for Windows Not Updating for Merrill Lynch

Options
dmst
dmst Member

I am using Quicken for Windows. The download under One Step Update operates properly or so it appears. However, my ML accounts haven't been updated with downloaded transactions since early November 2023. Also, one account shows no downloaded transactions in the register, however the red flag by the account name says there are 99 transactions to be handled.

A couple of weeks ago I was told by chat support that an issue existed with One Step Update and was being worked by the engineers. I was told I would receive an email when it was corrected, however no communication has occurred. Anyone else have these issues?

Answers

• Tim NC
    Tim NC Member
    Options

Yes. I reported on 1/5/24. I saw that this issue has been escalated in priority but still no resolution. I only experienced issues beginning 1/2/24. I had no issues with it prior. I also use Quicken for Windows.

• thelogos@
    thelogos@ Member
    Options

One Step Update is not downloading my Merrill Edge accounts either. All other bank accounts work fine. This has been going on since about 3 Jan 2024.

• bob323
    bob323 Member ✭✭
    Options

Not updating for me either since Jan 3! Reported to Quicken support but no help! Reported to Merrill and likewise no help! Quicken, it appears to me that the issue is on YOUR side of the fence, as my other brokerage account is working with One Step!

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Are you getting any error messages/codes when you try to update your accounts? If not, please provide more detail what is happening when you try to update.

Also, please be aware that there is currently a known connection issue with Merrill Lynch where users are getting an OL-294 error. For more information, please view the Community Alert.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dmst
    dmst Member
    Options

Kristina, no error messages occur. Everything runs as normal, but no updated transactions show up or as i said, one account has downloaded transactions that don’t show in the register for acceptance. That is how I know downloaded transactions from Merrill stopped working in early November since those are the dates of the transactions that have downloaded to other accounts from Merrrill.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply @dmst,

Since you mentioned one account claims there are transactions to accept, but nothing shows in the register, I recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps in this article:

To troubleshoot the missing transactions/transactions not downloading, please follow the steps in this article:

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• dmst
    dmst Member
    Options

None of these items worked. I spoke with support and they reviewed my system data etc. They indicated that my issues are entirely related to the ML update issue and it goes way beyond ML so it is taking a lot of time to work through numerous institutions to get the bugs worked out. They said it could be the end of the month before a patch update will be available.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

When I check the support ticket, it looks like they diagnosed the issue as related to this known issue:

I would recommend bookmarking this alert so that you will get notified of any updates, when available, and know when the issue is resolved.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• dmst
    dmst Member
    Options

Anja posted yesterday that this issue with Merrill was fixed. I have not received any update to the system and a check says that as of 2/9/24 i am current release. Nothing has changed in my issues with my one Merrill account that shows no transactions for acceptance and the flag says there are 99 to be accepted. I know there are more than 99 that should have been downloaded since the last update for this account. All other Merrill accounts continue to operate correctly as they have been.

I need a solution.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @dmst,

If the issue is persisting for you after the alert has been marked resolved, then I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• GeeMan108
    GeeMan108 Member
    Options

Same issue, "Merrill Lynch Investments: Unable to complete request" No transactions are being downloaded. I signed out, signed back in; reset and realigned the ML a/c. To no avail. when i try to update the trasnactions, i get a noted re. Download transactions and balances (manage passwords | show Passwords) has an icon that notes the Quicken logo and "Fill Passwords". The update now option is dark, and not available. I'm really starting to get tired of these ongoing issues.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @GeeMan108,

If you are encountering the same issue discussed earlier in this thread, then I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina