Bug - ATM Split transactions not correct after software update

Options
fciani
fciani Member ✭✭✭

I have many closed accounts that I keep keep hidden. All the balances should be zero. However, after a recent software updates, some split transactions, but not all, are now non-zero. I have traced the bug to my cash transfer transactions as displayed below. They are also all ATM transactions where 'ATM' is in the 'Check #' column.

In the example below, I'm transferring $100 from my checking to cash (ATM withdrawal). In this example there is a $1.50 bank fee and a $1.00 fee for using the ATM. The total withdrawal should be 102.50. It is correct when entered. However, after a software update, a new line 4 is added reversing the $2.50 bank fees. The reduction in balance is now $100 instead of $102.50. In this one account, the non-zero balance was $41.00. I had to go in manually to adjust these back to the correct totals. However, with the next software update, I'm doing these all over again.

As a quick fix, I'll see if removing the 'ATM' will stop this from occurring, but we lose the ability to quickly sort based on transaction type.

I have seen discussions from numerous people stating that their balances are not correct after a software up. This issue may be one reason why. It certainly would be hard to track down.

Win 11. Quicken R53.32

This discussion has been closed.