New (strange) behavior when entering split transactions?

Options
three_jeeps
three_jeeps Member ✭✭

On a monthly basis, I enter a payment to a company that has 3 split categories. The total amount per month is different as well as each amount in the split categories. Quicken has remembered the Payee and the last amount, so when I go to the online center → payment tab and enter the company name, the fields are populated with the amount of the last payment. This is where the behavior has changed: it does not allow me to change the amount of the payment. I have to go into the split window, enter the payment amount in each category, click Adjust Payment, the Split window closes and the new adjusted amount is now in the Payment field in the online payment window.

(as an aside, this scenario does not work all the time - sometimes when I click the Adjust Payment in the Split window, the payment does not get adjusted, the split window closes and the payment amount in the online payment window does not change. I have to redo the edits, sometimes 2-3 times….very annoying)

It used to be that I could change the payment amount in the online payment window (tab), go to the split window, adjust each category payment accordingly. The split window kept a running total of the amounts in each category and compares it to the amount in the Payment field. If the sum of the amounts equals the amount in the Payment field, the split window was happy and I could close the split window. This behavior does not happen anymore.

My questions are:

1. has the behavior of the split transaction window changed? (e.g. is this the new normal?) I've notice this new behavior over the last 7-8 months but figured it was a glitch that would be fixed with each new update, which has not happened.
  2. When adjusting the payment amounts in the split category window, why doesn't the Adjust function change the total in the split category window and reflect that amount in the Payment field in the payment transaction window (tab)? how can this be fixed?

Thank you for your help.

J

This discussion has been closed.