Why is my TBill purchase transaction missing from my broker portfolio

Options
stevemcn
stevemcn Member ✭✭

(Long time QWin user, V27.1.53.32)

Last year I started buying TBills, and have not had a problem recording several transactions (thanks to the many entries in the Community) until last month. In a nutshell, what has worked for me is to (1) create a new security for the TBill (Tools/Security/Add Security manually/Symbol:blank/Name:"TBill 17WK …"/SecurityType:US Savings Bond/Asset Class:DomesticBonds), then (2) record the transaction in my portfolio using the Bonds Bought transaction page. The expected result is the TBill is now listed as a Security in my brokers account, and I see it in the Portfolio page with the Name assigned previously.

Last month, I bought another $20k worth 17 week Tbills, followed the same procedure. The result is (1) I do not see the bond listed as a security in the Account Portfolio, (2) the Cash total is reduced by $19,550 (the discounted purchase price of the Tbill purchase), and (3) the Market Value of my portfolio has not changed. So my Portfolio Market Value is missing roughly $20k.

Any thoughts?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the new security is missing from an Investing > Portfolio view, click on Customize in the view and make sure the security is checked on the Security tab.

FYI new securities are only included in the Portfolio views if the Watch List box is checked when the security is added to Quicken.

QWin Premier subscription
  • stevemcn
    stevemcn Member ✭✭
    Options

That was it, thank you Jim. The followon question is why did this occur this time? I've bought more than a dozen bonds like this, and this is the first time I've seen this behavior. Further, when I look at Tools/Security List, none of the previous TBill securities I've created over the past 18 months or so show a check mark in Download Quotes or Watch List?

This discussion has been closed.