Why do my BFSFCU accounts in Quicken do not show up in the dropdown menu to be linked online?

Options
eduardoccastro
eduardoccastro Member ✭✭

I'm trying to relink my BFSFCU accounts to Quicken (had to deactivate because it stopped working yesterday). After I enter my BFSFCU password, 2 factor authentication etc, Quicken shows the 3 accounts at BFSFCU available to be linked to Quicken (checking, savings and credit card). However, the dropdown menu does not show my BFSFCU accounts in Quicken to be linked with those available online. What is going on?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is the "nickname" that's shown there the correct Account, it's simply a matter that the Account isn't shown in the drop down list of Accounts?

I seem to remember seeing that at some point in my own file and (if I'm remembering correctly) that simply clicking "Next" or "Continue" or whatever that button might be, that the accounts at the financial institution did link correctly to the Accounts in Quicken.

I assume you have a backup to resort to if that doesn't work.

• eduardoccastro
    eduardoccastro Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Tom, that is very weird, difficult to understand. On the one hand, the accounts are not shown in the drop down list. The dropdown does not contain the account "BFSFCU Checking" (the same with the other 2 accountss). On the other hand, I simply pressed "Next" and it seems to have connected and solved the problem. I remain suspicious. Thanks.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@eduardoccastro

Thinking back, I'm pretty certain that an Official Quicken Support rep told me that would work during a phone call to address the same issue you've described. It's entirely weird, doesn't make a bit of sense, and just shouldn't work that way. But it does, and thanks for the confirmation that what I was remembering wasn't some sort of fever dream on my part.

This discussion has been closed.