Major Bug Found in Calendar Displaying with Large Amounts Historical Data

Options
BradOK
BradOK Member

The calendar view is an extremely important tool in my budgeting and planning.

Recently my calendar quit displaying current and historical ledger transactions. It only showed upcoming reminders about 2 weeks ahead of current date. As a long-time Quicken user, my data file went back to the year 2000.

After a long call with Quicken Tech Support that offered zero solutions (the agent was kind but had no fix and agreed it was an issue) I began a series of trial-and-error workflows that included restoring backups one at a time until I found one that displayed my calendar transactions correctly.

The result of all my hours (and hours) of trial and error is that Quicken has some kind of data size limit that - when crossed - just refuses to populate the calendar with additional ledger transactions and at the same time removes all of those in the past. When I removed 4 years (or more) of old ledger transactions the calendar resumed correctly displaying all ledger transactions. I am confident that this is not a design goal and is instead a serious bug/coding error.

As many of us retain historical data for years a multitude of reasons, this needs to be addressed asap. The only limit that should be imposed is the amount of local storage on our local PC's.

Thanks!

Brad

This discussion has been closed.