Categories not auto-filling?

Options
John Patriarca
John Patriarca Member ✭✭✭

Since the new year I've noticed categories are not auto-filling when I select a saved vendor transaction. For example, my grocery store, HEB, has many transactions…when I enter HEB in the payee field, the drop-down window shows the different options…Groceries, Supplies, I've entered. The Category field, until recently, would propagate with prior category (or I would navigate to the proper category in the drop-down window and hit enter). Currently, nothing is propagating. This is true for all my payees.

Did something change?

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Open your "Memorized Payee List" window and see if there are check marks in the "Never Auto Categorize" column. It seems unlikely that every payee would have a checkmark but then strange things do happen in software programs.

As a side note, while in that window, you can also highlight a payee, select "edit" and then choose what you want to display when you make an entry in your register, groceries, supplies, etc. For example, when you enter HEB in the payee field it will display the category and the amount of the previous transaction to HEB and then you will have to change the amount for the new transaction. If the amount shows $35.00 for example, delete that amount and then select "Lock and leave this payee unchanged when it is entered in the register." The next time you enter HEB in the payee field and select what you want displayed in the register, the amount will be blank and you can enter the new amount

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please ensure that all optional settings in Quicken pertaining to recall, memorization, automatic categorization and renaming of payee names are enabled. You find those settings in Edit / Preferences / Data Entry & Quickfill and Downloaded Transactions.
    Additional settings for the detection and processing of transfer transactions can be found in Edit / Preferences / Transfer detection.

• John Patriarca
    John Patriarca Member ✭✭✭
    Options

There were no check marks in the "Never Auto Categorize" column.

Data Entry & Quickfill revealed an unchecked "Recall memorized payees…" box. I checked it and things seem to be working…will monitor.

The only change i recall making in Q the since this started was turning Mobile Sync back on…which resulted in incorrect amounts/entries, etc in several accounts. I turned in back off and it was corrected.

Thanks for the suggestions and quick responses.

This discussion has been closed.