Pentagon Federal

Options
Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta

I was able to add Pentagon Federal accounts back to Quicken today. An update from "Quicken" would have been nice…🤔

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• chris deat
    chris deat Member ✭✭
    Options

I just tried and still can't connect

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Greg Brown,

We're glad to hear that the issue with Pentagon FCU has been resolved for you. However, while we are aware that this issue has resolved for some users, the Alert remains open as we are still seeing many users that continue to experience this issue.

Hope this clarifies things! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    Options

The error I'm getting is REMOTE_UPDATE_IN_PROGRESS, also "unexpected error". Is this related to the previous errors? After putting up with this for three entire months now, I'm frankly giving up. I've tried a dozen different things to overcome it. I'm pretty sure by now there's nothing I can do except wait for Quicken/Intuit/Penfed to quit pointing fingers and come up with a solution.

• Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    edited January 17
    Options

Chatted with Quicken Support today (Daniel). Got a very quick response that it was still worked on with no ETA. He ended the chat abruptly — perhaps they're tired of hearing from me. It seems I'm not the only one with this problem. Still very frustrating. I've even looked at other personal finance software. At least one also has problems connecting to PenFed. So it would seem as everyone has said: the problem is on PenFed's end. But I don't know what I can do except wait.

@Quicken Anja — is this really the same issue as the 102 errors from a while back?

• LR Eagle
    LR Eagle Member ✭✭
    Options

Saw the "resolved" message today, immediately went to Quicken to download latest transactions and got same error code: "

• Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options

I contacted Pentagon Federal Credit Union about connection errors with Quicken. Here's a snippet of their response on 12/28/2023:

"In November 2023, PenFed made the decision to disallow aggregators from accessing PenFed Online through direct integration. The technical method by which aggregators extract account data (called screen-scraping) does not align with our internal information security standards, and was disabled in order to protect our members and their data. We recognize that financial aggregators are an important tool for members to manage their finances and we are committed to finding a solution that will balance the convenience of these tools with the necessary security infrastructure to protect our members and the credit union. For members who are using these tools, PenFed Online supports downloading transactions in several file formats (CSV, QIF, and QXF) that are compatible with most money management and financial planning software."

This discussion has been closed.