Categorizing or Tagging an Investment Transaction

Options
Doug Dubowski
Doug Dubowski Member ✭✭

Am trying to figure out how I can categorize or tag an investment transaction so I can include those transactions in a category spending report. At the moment, any transfers I do between a bank account and an expense category will not show up in category expenditure report because there is no way to categorize them. I am hoping that by tagging those transactions, they can be identified when identifying the report requirements. However, I have further complicated the issue because some of my transactions are actually sell activities in an investment account for transfer to another investment account. Some of those I would like to track in a category expenditure report, but cannot because they are not categorized, and from what I can see, they also cannot be tagged. There is nothing I can see in preparing the investment transaction that would permit me to tag the transaction or categorize it. Is there a way to do this so I can identify the transaction in an expenditure report? Thanks.

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you run a report you can include or exclude Transfers. Customize the report and click on the Advance tab.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Doug Dubowski
    Doug Dubowski Member ✭✭
    Options

Will give that a go. Thanks.

Doug

This discussion has been closed.