Transactions not appearing until Reseting Account; no errors reported

Options
kweiss00
kweiss00 Member ✭✭

On several of my accounts (I have 10) I do not get transactions downloaded and receive no errors. If I reset the account the transactions magically appear. This occurs with at least one account every week. Usually it is not the same account. Currently running latest update.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @kweiss00,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. Which financial institution(s) are the affected accounts with? How long has this issue been going on for? What is prompting you to reset the accounts when this issue occurs?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kweiss00
    kweiss00 Member ✭✭
    Options

This situation has been going on for about 3 months. It really got bad after the change in how accounts were signed in on Express Web Connect. I have trouble with Ally Bank, USAA Federal Savings, Discover and PayPal Master Card the most. The only accounts that have not shown this condition are my Investment Accounts and they are connected with Direct Connect.

The situation is bad enough that I have to keep Google Connect up on my home PC while traveling so I can Reset these accounts while I am traveling. Sometimes when I bring up the Android Version of Quicken I will find 2 or 3 accounts that need attention.

I have two indications that the accounts are in error. One is that transactions that appear on the Bank or CC account web site are not downloaded after an update. Resetting the Account results in those transactions being downloaded. The other way is seeing on the Android version that the Accounts need Attention.

I have been a Quicken user since it was a DOS version and have always had problems like this, but never on an ongoing basis. When Quicken went to subscription I thought things would get better. Guess NOT. I am looking for alternatives but so far have not found anyone that can meet my requirements.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

When I check on our end, I'm seeing a lot of invalid credentials errors. Do you have any accounts that are inactive/closed on the financial institution side, but may still be trying to connect in Quicken? To check for that, go to Tools>Account List. If you have any hidden accounts, there will be a checkbox near the lower left giving the option to make hidden accounts visible (in the account list). Select that checkbox, if available.

To see if Quicken thinks the account is connected, look in the Transaction Download column. If you see the word "yes", then Quicken thinks the account is connected.

If there are any accounts connected in Quicken that shouldn't be, then please backup your Quicken file and deactivate those accounts. Once that is done, test to see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• kweiss00
    kweiss00 Member ✭✭
    Options

I don't have any files hidden that have active credentials. I would expect that the invalid credentials are all the times I thought was updating the account(s) and there were no downloads. After Resetting the account(s) the transactions do download. Is it possible that my "on line" credentials file is becoming corrupted and the resets correct the file?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited January 16
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Two of the financial institutions you listed connect via Express Web Connect +; that connection method doesn't store any credentials, just a token issued by the financial institution that allows Quicken to update. That makes me suspect a file specific issue may be the culprit. I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• kweiss00
    kweiss00 Member ✭✭
    Options

I performed both validations with no errors. Only time will tell if the situation continues.

I will let you know if another instance occurs.

Thanks for your assistance.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thanks for the follow up,

Please let us know if the issue persists, so we can help troubleshoot further.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.