Why does Quicken display my ROTH account Market Value incorrectly on the "Investing" tab?

Options
billflyer
billflyer Member ✭✭

I track four Schwab investment accounts in Quicken Classic Deluxe for Windows, v. R53-32. All four show up on the Investing tab, which I have customized to show Account Name, Market Value, Amount Invested %, Etc. Using Today's Date, three of the accounts (an IRA and two brokerage accounts) show correct market values. The fourth account, a ROTH IRA, displays a Market Value about $2500 under actual ("actual" being Schwab's amount). I suspect the "Amount Invested" is wrong also. It appears to be much too high. When I click on the ROTH account from the Investing tab, the Register opens and shows the correct Market Value. A Quicken Net Worth Report shows the correct Market Values for all accounts, as does a Quicken Portfolio Value Report.

I made comparisons of the Investing screen and Net Worth reports using several older "As of" dates, and determined the problem developed sometime after 9/1/23. A one-to-one comparison of transactions, Schwab vs. Quicken, from 9/1/23 to today, shows no discrepancies.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I suspect that the Portfolio view is not including one or more of the securities in your Roth account. Recently added securities are not included unless the Watch List box in the Security List is checked.

Click on Customize in the Portfolio view and on the Securities tab, click on Select All.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I suspect that the Portfolio view is not including one or more of the securities in your Roth account. Recently added securities are not included unless the Watch List box in the Security List is checked.

Click on Customize in the Portfolio view and on the Securities tab, click on Select All.

QWin Premier subscription
  • billflyer
    billflyer Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes! Thank you very much.

This discussion has been closed.