paying wells fargo mortgage using bill pay

Options
ardeb12
ardeb12 Member ✭✭

I've got a wells fargo checking account and a wells fargo home mortgage, but the checking account isn't my primary one, so I pay the mortgage from another bank. I'd like to use quick pay through quicken to do that, but in order to link the scheduled payment to an online bill, quicken tells me I have to enable online services for the account. The loan account gives me no option to enable online services, though, so how can I set up the bill?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @ardeb12,

To use Quick Pay, if it's available for that online biller, the account needs to be connected in Quicken. From what you describe, it sounds like your mortgage loan account is a manual account in Quicken. It doesn't give the option to connect that account because manual mortgage accounts support functions that aren't supported in connected mortgage accounts.

To get a connected mortgage account, I would recommend that you go to Tools>Add Account, and follow the prompts to add the account to Quicken. It will not give you the option to link it to the existing manual account, but you can add it as a new account. Please note that this will give you a duplicate account, so you would need to remember to exclude it from reports in order to avoid having duplicate information for the mortgage loan.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.