Sold Stock transaction won't record cash

Options
jpbmass
jpbmass Member ✭✭✭

I'm running Quicken Classic Premier Build 27.1.53.32 for Windows. I've just made RMD withdrawals from two IRAs at Fidelity. The steps followed by Fidelity are (1) sell the appropriate amount of the security and (2) send the proceeds to a) State Tax, b) Federal Tax, and c) the remainder to my bank. One of these recorded the transaction perfectly. The second one, however, appears to have entered the initial "sell" transaction as a place holder and did not add the cash received from the "sell" to my cash balance. In both cases, the "sell" was executed Jan 5th and the disbursement transactions were recorded Jan 9th. Any idea what is going on??

Comments

• jpbmass
    jpbmass Member ✭✭✭
    Options

BTW, When I attempt to enter the "sold" transaction manually, I still get the blue NA in the Cash Amount column.

• jpbmass
    jpbmass Member ✭✭✭
    Options

SOLVED - looked at hidden place holder, resolved and everything works OK.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

By the way to record the RMD, after you do the sell and create cash in the stock account you need to enter the actual deposit starting from your bank account for it to show up right for taxes. You enter the deposit and split it, Gross as a transfer to the Stock account and split lines for the federal and state withholding.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.