"Fix it" Resulted in Wrong Account Connected

Options
Shannon M M
Shannon M M Member ✭✭

During an OSU, one of my accounts (a FCU) showed an error. (I didn’t write down the error code.) I followed the "Fix it" instructions, and the resulting links only offered the option of "Do not link account" and a message saying I needed to disconnect an Amex Savings account. Afterward, that Amex Savings account, which had no problem previously, was connected to the FCU account! Though the FCU account appears to now be properly connected.

I deactivated the Amex Savings account and looked for an obvious way to get it to connect back to the original correct source. But from Edit/Delete Account> Online Services> Set up Now, the only option is still the incorrect account. Is there any way to reconnect the account to the correct Amex Savings account?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Shannon M M

Sorry to see that you are having issues with a "wrong account connection".

I am somewhat confused about what you said above, i.e. "Afterward, that Amex Savings account, which had no problem previously, was connected to the FCU account! Though the FCU account appears to now be properly connected." Perhaps you could provide some additional information about this.

But, that being said, since you seem to believe that you have made an incorrect account "linkage", the easiest course of action at this time would likely be to revert to a prior backup file, which would have the result of putting your datafile back to where it was before you made the wrong connection. Of course, this depends entirely on the date of your last backup.

Personally, I have never seen "a message saying I needed to disconnect an [Amex Savings] account" or ANY account, but there are likely other messages I may have not seen.

This is just a guess based on what you have said above, but is it possible that the what you believe is the "incorrect account" for the Amex Savings account (that Quicken seems to want you to use, is actually the "correct account"?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Shannon M M
    Shannon M M Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Frank- Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'd been using Quicken for several years and had an established, connected Amex Savings account. I recently opened a FCU account. I added it to Quicken and it has been connecting properly for about a week without any errors when running OSU.

Then yesterday, I ran OSU and the FCU produced an error. I followed the Fix it instructions, at the end or which, it gave only the option to Not add to Quicken (or something like that), as opposed to "link to {acct name} in the pull-down menu. It must have been at that point that Quicken decided to connect the FCU to an unrelated account (Amex Savings)- (I had nothing to do with it LOL!)

And no. The Amex Savings account that was operational (but that I had deactivated) and contains all of the transactions previous to this occurrence, will only display the option to set up to the FCU account.

• Ray O
    Ray O Member ✭✭
    Options

Found this in the announcements; they know there is a problem but no fix yet

• Shannon M M
    Shannon M M Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Ray!

This discussion has been closed.