Long Term Cap Gains - Tax Planner report vs Investments Capital Gains report

Options
Ps56k2
Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 15 in Reports (Windows)

Was just running the Tax Planner report for 2023 to see how things look for last year.

Noticed that the Long Term Cap Gains total didn't seem to match the total from the Investments report for Capital Gains…. the Short Term Cap Gains were ok and matched -

Any thoughts on why the LT Cap Gains might be different ? or what to look for ??

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The tax planner may be including LT cap gains distributions that are not part of the Cap Gains Report.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see this as well. The report "Schedule D-Capital Gains and Losses" agrees with the Tax Planner. The report "Capital Gains" is off by a few thousand dollars for me.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is the answer. _LT CapGnDst is not included in the Capital Gains report.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    Options

Tnx - so … which number is going to match the 1099 - or where does the LT Cap Gain Dist show up on the 1040 -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The LT cap gains distribution gets reported to you on the 1099-DIV, if I recall correctly. It shows up on your tax forms on Schedule D after all the sale specific data.

Again if I recall correctly, Quicken’s Sch D in premier and above includes the listing, but the Cap Gains Report only list sales; not those distributions.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    Options

tnx - I see the number at the very bottom on the Reports - Tax - Sched D Cap Gains & Losses report -
    Guessing this is only avail in my new Premiere version
    as I used to only run Deluxe and don't think I looked at those reports…

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.