Improve Treasury Bill Payment Transactions

Options
maxwelwp
maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta

Typically, when a T-Bill matures and a payment is made, I setup the sell in TreasuryDirct to transfer the princpal+interest back to the funding account. Currently Quicken will generate 2 transactions for a sell bond action.

1. Return of the principal on the purchase
  2. Interest gained on the purchase amount

If I select transfer to account in the sell transaction, Quicken also creates 2 transfer deposit transactions in the "transfer to" account (one for the principal and one for the interest).

However, TreasuryDirect, in my case, makes a single ACH deposit of the principal+interest to my "transfer to" bank account which then creates a non-match between the 2 transfer deposits created by Quicken and the single ACH deposit made by TreasuryDirect.

The workaround is to create a sell bond transaction in Quicken into the accounts cash balance then create another transaction for the transfer of the principal+interest to the desired bank account for a total of 3 transaction in the TreasuryDirect account.

I would like to see an improvement that would allow a sell transaction to be completed in the current sell window that makes a single transfer transaction (principal+interest) into the account receiving the funds. This allows the downloaded transaction in the receiving account to match and eliminates the second step of creating a transfer of funds from the TreasuryDirect account to the receiving bank account.

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
Quicken user since 1993

Tagged:
1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated