Memorized split categories and amounts are NOT being saved long term

Options
MProvider
MProvider Member

I have been updating some of the splits on my memorized payees, and it saves the new categories and amount for some days, but then the split details disappear. Only the memorized payee name stays. How can I fix this so that the split categories and amounts remain memorized as the program promises?

I have Quicken Classic on Windows. Version R53.32. Months ago I had several Quicken issues. Some memorized payees were disappearing along with the split categories or amounts. With the help of a Quicken technician, I uninstalled Quicken, reinstalled it, placed the master quicken file on my computer's disk (before, the master file was on One Drive), Created a new path to saved backed up files on One Drive.

I turned on cloud sync because we need to check transactions when not using the main computer. For the first few days after all the changes suggested by the Quicken technician, the memorized payees and new splits were saving as expected. However, now it is back to the similar issue: the split amounts and categories disappear for some memorized payees and they remain saved for others. This is frustrating since I did everything that the technician suggested to fix the problems. I would really appreciate assistance.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"How can I fix this so that the split categories and amounts remain memorized as the program promises?"

What you're really asking is, how can you "fix" Quicken so no bugs can affect you. And the answer is: you can't.

I don't believe the specific cause of your problem is clear, or known to other users (or to Quicken, Inc. or it's Community Monitors); but you can try a couple of approaches to see if they help narrow down the source of the problem.

1.) If you have the Quicken Mobile & Web > Sync Preference set to ON, you can try turning that Preference OFF for future downloads to see whether it is involved in your problem.
    2.) You can take stock of your Memorized Payee List (Print it, for example) before doing any mass-changes to Quicken transactions using Find/Replace, then check your Memorized Payee List (looking for payees involved in the mass-change) after the mass-change, to see whether that is involved in your problem.

In any event; I suspect your best choice may be to notify Quicken of the problem using Help > Report a Problem (include your log files and a sanitized copy of your Quicken data file) - and do not expect any reply from Quicken.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.