Missing .dll files

Options
rcj
rcj Member ✭✭

I'm trying to reinstall Quicken 2014 in Windows 11 after my Windows 10 PC died. During installation it told me that these two were missing:

qwapp.dll

qwinver.dll

Yet it said it had completed installation. Now when I start the program from the desktop icon, it won't start and I get a series of error messages (see screenshot)

telling me that it can't find

MSVCR70.DLL

MFC70.DLL

MSVCP70.DLL

I tried to reinstall/repair from the original CD and got the message in the 2nd screenshot:

Can anyone please advise me how to get round this?

Thanks

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Windows version you're trying to install Q 2014 on is "too new" and no longer has support for the old version of files like MFC70.DLL - MSVCP70.DLL - MSVCR70.DLL installed.

Look to see if you have Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files installed, versions 2005 and 2008.

Download and install the complete Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package 2005 and 2008 and perhaps all the way up to 2019? Downloading a few individual files from somewhere on the Internet will not work.
    See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170
    and compare with what's already installed in your system's Control Panel / Add Programs and Features.
    Note: Select the x86 files, not the X64 files.

This discussion has been closed.