Export Daily Account Balance of Investment Account to CSV file

Options

Has anyone figure out how to export the daily account balance of an investment account to .csv file? So for example, on Jan 3, balance is X, on Jan 4, balance is Y, and so on, for the year or some other time period.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Does it need to be daily, or will weekly do? If weekly will do, then click menu Reports > Net Worth > Net Worth. Change the Interval to Week. Click Edit and change the time period. Then click Accounts, Selected Accounts and choose which account(s) to include. Finally, click the Export button to save it to CSV.

I'm not aware of any way to do this on a daily basis, unfortunately.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Yield Chaser
    Yield Chaser Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the weekly suggestion, RickO, but ideally yes, it would be daily. I want to do some return calculations and it's more elegant if I have the daily data in a spreadsheet.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You can get the daily value by changing the As Of date on the Portfolio view. But you'd have to copy and paste it into the spreadsheet for each day. That's a lot of work.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Yield Chaser
    Yield Chaser Member ✭✭
    edited January 17
    Options

That's my fallback, to pick out specific dates, but hoping there's a (maybe hidden) way just to dump all the dates into a csv.

Also, I will add a new Product Idea to have a 'Daily' interval option on those Net Worth Reports.

• jasonb885
    jasonb885 Member ✭✭
    Options

The only way I found to extract data from these reports is with a tool like "Tabula". Shows up in Google. Free. It isn't perfect, though, as it has to extract the data in a best effort basis from a PDF report.