How can I edit a security name in multiple transactions in Quicken R53.32?

Options
TheLex
TheLex Member ✭✭
edited February 20 in Investing (Windows)

I started a new investment account a few months ago, and the cash gets swept into a money market fund. Unfortunately, I've ended up using multiple security names for the fund, and now its pretty hard to reconcile efficiently. I've started going thru changiong the security names individually, but that is painstaking.

Best Answer

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

No, you cannot. My usual suggestion is to sort the transaction list by Security (click on the header) so that the ones you want to rename are together, the use the “paste” ability to overwrite the wrong name with the desired name.

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

No, you cannot. My usual suggestion is to sort the transaction list by Security (click on the header) so that the ones you want to rename are together, the use the “paste” ability to overwrite the wrong name with the desired name.

• TheLex
    TheLex Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks very much for the quick response. I figured that was the case, but ChatGPT gave me another answer that provided hope. I ended up editing the security using the method you suggested. Pretty quick and things worked out perfectly

This discussion has been closed.