Unable to add Citi brokerage account

Options
kguernsey
kguernsey Member ✭✭

I am a long-time user of Quicken/Windows currently using Classic Premier. I have many linked accounts, most of which are at Citibank, including checking, savings, credit card and (non-Citi) brokerage accounts. I connect to Citi using Express Web Connect. I recently opened my first brokerage account at Citi and want to link it to Quicken. When I go through the "Add Account" process, I get a long list of my Citi accounts, some of which are linked to Quicken and many of which (deliberately) aren't, but I don't see the new brokerage account. I have tried this multiple times with the same result each time. There is an older thread started by a user who also couldn't add a Citi brokerage account, but it was closed without an explanation.

Best Answer

• kguernsey
    kguernsey Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks. That didn't work, but I got the answer from Citi. For my type of account, the institution in Quicken is Citi Personal Wealth Management (investments.citi.com). I needed to establish a new online account there, and then I was able to link that account to Quicken.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Downloading of investment accounts data requires a Direct Connect or Express Web Connect+ connection. Express Web Connect does not support downloading of investment accounts which is why you cannot add Citi with your current setup.

I do not have any Citi investment accounts but noticed that Citi has several different financial institution setups in Quicken's Add Accounts that look like they are for downloading of investment accounts and they support Direct Connect. I do not have any Citi investment accounts but if I did I would probably start with trying to connect to Citi Investments or Citibank Investments in Add Account. You will need to type in these financial institutions in the Add Account search bar instead of simply clicking on the Citi logo and then select them from the list that pops up.

If neither of these work then there might be other financial institution setup links that would work for you. You can do the search in Add Account by citi.com and citibank.com which will bring up other options you can try.

Let us know if any of this help you get your investment account set up for downloading.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• kguernsey
    kguernsey Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks. That didn't work, but I got the answer from Citi. For my type of account, the institution in Quicken is Citi Personal Wealth Management (investments.citi.com). I needed to establish a new online account there, and then I was able to link that account to Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.