Quicken Mac Connection To Fidelity

Options

When trying to establish a new Direct Connect link to Fidelity, Quicken asks for "Social Security # or Customer ID:". My SSN did not work, and I do not have a Fidelity "Customer ID". My Fidelity User Name did work however. Next Quicken asks for your "Fidelity PIN". I do not have a Fidelity PIN, and I don't think Fidelity offers one. My Fidelity Password did work however. Hopefully Quicken will update this screen to clarify what info really should be entered (i.e. Fidelity username and password).

Tagged:

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I use the credentials that I use to log into the Fidelity.com website. That's my email address and password.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • rassm
    rassm Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same Issue. From talking to multiple agents the root cause is that Inuit/Quicked and Fidelity are having a contract dispute. Until the contract is signed, we will not be able to download our data on most platforms .

• adhnat
    adhnat Member
    Options

This ridiculous for quicken to charge a subscription and is unable to connect to major investment accounts (MorganStanley, Fidelity, Equitable, HSA such as Payflex). How did they launch this product without enabling connections to these major financial institutions. Just enabling connection to etrade is not enough for portfolios and investment analysis.

• kurrahee
    kurrahee Member
    Options

This is a joke, right? I have been trying to login to my Fidelity account for half an hour unsuccessfully and I just found this.

What a waste of time. Maybe update the UI so customers don't waste time trying to login if the feature is unavailable? Is that too much to ask?

• RickO
    Options

Fidelity works fine. There's something wrong in your setup or connection method. If the advise further up this thread doesn't help, I'd suggest contacting Support.

• tigercat865
    tigercat865 Member ✭✭
    Options

When I try to setup my Fideltiy connection, it asks for my customer ID and Fideltiy PIN. I sign into Fideltiy with a username and password.

• RickO
    Options

Have you tried entering that username and password in the Customer ID and PIN fields respectively?

• ColoradoUser
    ColoradoUser Member ✭✭
    Options

For "Customer ID" I used my username which in my case is my email minus the @wherever.com

For "PIN" I used my Fidelity.com password

On Fidelity.com I log in using my full email address and nowhere in my Fidelity portal do I see my "Username", but I do see where I can reset my "Username". I didn't try using my SSN. "Fidelity Investments Mac" is bizarre as "Mac" has to do with using "Quicken Classic Deluxe" on a Macintosh while most institutions don't show an OS flavor when you add them to Quicken.

So, yes, the prompts are bogus for Fidelity Investments @fidelity.com for Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.