Updatelcons has stopped working

Options
gary.tynes
gary.tynes Member ✭✭

For the last few months when doing a Quicken update, I get the message 'Updatelcons has stopped working' with a 'Close program' button. The update is in the 'Optimizing and executing files' step of the update. I click the 'Close program' and the update window closes and Quicken opens up. I have checked the version and it appears to be the current update.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @gary.tynes,

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

However, after you have uninstalled and before you proceed with reinstalling, please open your Windows File Explorer and navigate to This PC > C: Drive > Program Files (x86) and delete the folder titled "Quicken" (doing so does not affect your data files). After you have deleted this folder, go ahead and try reinstalling.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gary.tynes
    gary.tynes Member ✭✭
    Options

I have followed the suggestion about uninstalling and re-installing Quicken Classic. The first time the install failed with an error about a file corruption. I re-installed again and that time it completed and it is at Version R54.9 Build 27.1.54.9. I was able to open both my data files successfully.

• Pstefan
    Pstefan Member
    Options

Excellent!
    Was this a reinstall of the Quicken Classic "Business & Personal" version?

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I get this too and hadn't made the connection to the Quicken update.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

@gary.tynes thanks for the update! Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. 🙂

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.