Desktop login screen blank after install on new system

Options
Mindanser
Mindanser Member

Hey there,

I saw a previous post on this issue where a lot of ideas were thrown around but I didn't see a clear answer. I know this is a problem within Quicken because they didn't know the answer to this one.

I recently got a new laptop and moved everything over and installed the same Quicken software as I had been running on my old laptop.

Program came up fine, opened my old file, and then asked me to login but the login popup window was blank. Closing that popup brought it back again two more times. Then it displayed a blank window with a hyperlink like, "Contact support or login with a different ID." Clicking on the hyperlink meant disassociating the login email ID from the data file. I did that, but it didn't change the blank screen problem.

Contacted Support and we tried several things which all failed. Deinstalling and reinstalling in C:\Program Files, turning off Anti-virus software didn't work, and installing in safe mode didn't even install the software, failing completely.

In the end, I checked versions. The installer was from 2020 with version 25.21. My data file was on version 53.28. I decided to download and install the most recent installer from Quicken.com.

That actually worked. The login screens showed up fine and worked properly although I had to login twice to recover from disassociating the email ID from the data file.

Now, Quicken shows I'm on version 54.9.

The problem is that a big mismatch between the Data File version and the Quicken version installed confused Quicken somehow.

Hope that helps a lot of people.

This discussion has been closed.