Transactions not downloading but balances updating for Business credit card accounts across banks

Options
ag11
ag11 Member ✭✭

I posted this on the below thread - but crossposting here to help others

Since about November my transaction downloads stopped working - all banks actually - Chase, Amex, US Bank. etc. I tried all the suggestions, deactivate, reactivate, reset, etc and then resorted to manually downloading txns into QFX files and importing into Quicken. I finally called Quicken support today. After two hours of screen sharing, the agent just told me there's an error in my file and that I had to start from scratch - unbelievable! I have 20 years of history on this file and that's the only reason I'm still sticking to the product. Quicken support sucks!

Anyway I put the phone down and searched the community and came upon this post. @Flux I cannot tell you how thankful I'm for your help here. I changed my account setting form personal to business, and lo and behold was able to download all transactions. I just tried on a couple of accounts and it seems to work. It's definitely a quicken bug. I have a ton of business accounts and a lot of transactions, so this is going to take me a while. At least I'm grateful to you for the workaround. Thank you!

I'm not sure how to report this as a bug. But Quicken needs to fix this asap.

Comments

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭
    Options

@ag11 I also posted in reply in the other thread but after changing to "Personal" and completing a successful download, you should be able to just switch back to "Business" as the account type and the downloads should continue to work. I did this with my Chase account and it continues to download new transactions successfully as a "Business" account type.

This discussion has been closed.