Has anyone gotten a solution to the "did you mistype" error?

Options
kfitz47
kfitz47 Member ✭✭

My problem started when I wanted to add a third account at Ally Bank to Quicken a few months ago. The first two were completely fine, updating normally, but when I tried to add the new one I got the "did you mistype your info" error. My credentials were correct. I thought perhaps it was because Ally wanted to send a confirmation code but Quicken Connect wasn't set up for it. I spent HOURS on the phone with support, who started by having me disconnect my existing Ally accounts, deleting the passwords from Keychain, and trying again. Of course now none of my Ally accounts will connect.

I changed my passwords (making sure they're 15 characters or less). I restored from a backup from before the problem. I signed out of my Quicken account, waited an hour, and signed back in. I created a whole new clean Quicken file. I have talked with Ally, who can find nothing wrong on their end. I have searched this forum and tried to find other possibilities, and followed what suggestions are here. And absolutely nothing has worked. Support "escalated" my issue, but I kept being given the same advice… and then my issue was closed without resolution.

I now have a couple of new credit cards. One of them — an Amex — added and is updating perfectly. The other one — a Barclays Athleta Rewards card — will not connect for anything.

I am deeply frustrated. This has been going on for MONTHS. And there seems to be no indication that Quicken recognizes that this is a serious issue with their software. If any of you have gotten solutions, I'm all ears!

(For the record, I'm on a Mac, running 7.5.1.)

Comments

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I don't use Mac But I had similar experience with errors and it was related to Sync even though I don't use it.

Windows instructions below for a guide.

Try to enable Sync if not using and reset cloud. If you are using it, remove all the accounts from Sync and then reset cloud.

Then accounts that use cloud to store credentials should need to be reset up for downloads from scratch without faulty info interfering.

• kfitz47
    kfitz47 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be helping either.

This discussion has been closed.