Problem with account balances graph

Options
jdparker225
jdparker225 Member ✭✭

Using Quicken Classic Premier Version R54.9 build 27.1.54.9.

Sometimes when I bring up an account balances graph, separate accounts are included when they should not be.

I can reproduce the problem:

1. bring up graph of account balances. Separate accounts are not included
  2. Go it Customize Account Balances
  3. Select Accounts
  4. Press clear all
  5. Press select all
  6. Press OK. Separate accounts are included, The "Show Separate accounts" option is not selected.

If at step 6 I individually select all the accounts listed, this will not happen. "Select all" should only include separate accounts if "Show Separate accounts" is selected.

I don't know if this is a recently introduced error or whether it has been around for a while. I just noticed it today.

Can this please be fixed.

Thanks

Jim

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jdparker225,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? What account balances graph are you pulling up? Is this in a report, or the projected balances section under Bills & Income, or someplace else?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jdparker225
    jdparker225 Member ✭✭
    Options

I thought I made that pretty clear. To try to clarify further this is the first step

1. Reports→Graphs→Account Balances. Separate accounts are not included in the "graph" that is displayed.

"Graph" is in quotes because interval is "None" when you first bring it up so there is only one bar. Following the remaining steps causes that bar to include separate accounts. I noticed that because I recently paid off my mortgage and put that account into the separate accounts without zeroing it out. It is the only Liability Account I have and it shows up after following steps 2-6. Then I looked more closely at the balance number and it became obvious that all my separate accounts were included.

Thanks

Jim

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited January 23
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Thank you for clarifying. When I follow the steps you provided, I notice the issue happens when Early Access is turned on, but does not happen when it is turned off. I forwarded this issue to the proper channels to be further investigated. In the meantime, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-8811)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jdparker225
    jdparker225 Member ✭✭
    Options

I submitted the problem report. Since the problem is so easily recreated, I did not submit any log files. I would be reluctant to do that since that might reveal personal information.

On a side note: the "Report a problem" dialog has some issues:

1. You can't put in a new line in the description, so what you submit is just one paragraph. The explanation of how to recreate the problem may be a little difficult to read.
    2. It is difficult to deselect all the log files.

Thanks

Jim

This discussion has been closed.