Workaround to Overwrite Old TurboTax Import Values in Tax Planner

Options
markus1957
markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta

This has been asked a few times over the years. Not an ideal solution but the best I could come up with. This worked for TT 2021, not sure if it will work with older versions.

I loaded TT 2021, completed re-registration of the product and began a new TT return. I saved the return before entering personal info with a filename of QuickenTest2021.tax2021. Tried to import it into Quicken but failed with error 106 which looked like it needed just a little more info. So, I reopened TT and entered personal info up to the screen where it was looking for my and spouse last name. Saved again and successfully imported Null and Zeroes in all Tax Planner inputs.

I was hoping for all null values so Quicken would never offer TT as a data source in the planner, but I will settle for zeroes. At least after a planner reset, the worst case is a zero from TT rather than a TT value from years past.

In any case there is a workaround to replace outdated TT values with zeroes if you still have a copy of TT that you can activate.

Adding- Ideally, Quicken would provide a means to purge old, outdated TurboTax imports.

Tagged:
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@markus1957 Thanks!

This worked for me with TurboTax2022. I didn't even bother to put in my wife's information, just told it I was single.

It did change the Tax Planner to single, but that was easy to change back to Married filing Joint.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/