EWC-DC Mismatch Error

Options
Jill L
Jill L Member

I am on Quicken Classic for Windows and keep receiving an EWC-DC mismatch error whenever I try to do the one step update for my Wells Fargo accounts. I have followed the directions in help to deactivate, reactive (and resulting re-authorize with Wells Fargo) and it will update my accounts that one time. The issue is, the next time I try to do the update, I get the same error and end up going through the same process. Is there another fix for this?

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The error means that, at the same FI, you have some accounts that are downloading via EWC and others via DC.

That's a no-no.

Pick one download method, or the other, and adjust your WF accounts so that they all use the same method.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The error means that, at the same FI, you have some accounts that are downloading via EWC and others via DC.

That's a no-no.

Pick one download method, or the other, and adjust your WF accounts so that they all use the same method.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jill L
    Jill L Member
    Options

There was an account I hadn't authorized with WF that I didn't realize was on the list. It was the culprit in preventing the update. Fixing that solved the problem. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.