Exporting to Excel

Options
mstirling
mstirling Member

Exporting last years transaction to EXCEL. All transactions for the past 7 years are exported. Not just the previous year. I select past 12 months, sort by category, transmit to EXCEL and give it a file name.

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you could, please provide more information on the issue. Such as, what exact report are you running (maybe a register report?). Also, what version of Quicken are you using? Go to > Help > About Quicken and provide the version/build. It could be an issue related to a recent release.

• mstirling
    mstirling Member
    Options

I'm using the beginning version on Windows 10. I enter all transactions from my bank statement and reconcile each month. At the end of the year I select the past 12 months, sort by category and transmit to EXCEL. Reformat in EXCEL and email to my CPA. I've done this since 2015. This year all files since 2015 transmit to EXCEL, unsorted, not just the previous 12 months. There have been several updates recently but they have not changed anything for my problem. Any suggestion's would be helpful.

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Based on what you are saying, I would assume that you are filtering your bank account register for the last 12 months and then selecting Export to Excel Workbook from the menu (i.e., you are not running a report). I tried this and I can confirm that it is giving me all of the data in the account, not just the last 12 months.

To get around this, try doing it this way:

1 - In your register click the gear menu and go down to More Reports and then Register Report.

2- When the Register Report comes up change the date range to be Last Year.

3 - Click the button at the top to Export the report and select Export To Excel Workbook.

This should give you just the last 12 months of data in Excel.

This discussion has been closed.