issue opening QWin 2013 file - "QDF file is from a later version of Quicken" (edit)

Options
Livealoha
Livealoha Member

Aloha-

i had an older version of quicken, which i had updated using the "free" version of Quicken 2013. i have been using it for over a year, no issue. (Windows 10). my computer died, purchased a new one, (Windows 11). installed Quicken 2013 (same free version). Installed fine, but i cannot open my qdf file, it states that qdf file is from a later version of quicken, then closing the error msg, I get another error message. unknown error in opening file..

I can restore from a back-up (i have at least 5 different backups), no issue, but when asked to open file, it does the same thing (error message). it does it for all of my other backup files.

I did not purchase a newer version..

Tagged:

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you download the free 2013 from online again to install it? Or use the install file from the first time? Try updating the program. One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-us.html

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Livealoha
    Livealoha Member
    Options

yes, i used the same file last year. and yes, i did go that that site thinking i may have been updated, but when ran the first or the last one, it says i was updated…

but i did not use the installer version from that site…

• Livealoha
    Livealoha Member
    Options

but i will try and post an update..

• Livealoha
    Livealoha Member
    Options

okay used the latest version of the quicken website 2013. same issue. also ran the r12mondo update. no issue, but same errror, QDF file is from a later version of quicken.

• Livealoha
    Livealoha Member
    Options

Also installed same version on other Win10 64 bit desktop, and same issue…all the backups, all the same message…but definitely only used Quicken 2013…

This discussion has been closed.